Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Meet the Teacher


Hi Everyone!  My name is Grace and I am a first grade teacher at Catholic school in Maryland.  While I absolutely love what I do and couldn't imagine being anything else first and foremost I am a mom to three sweeties.  

AJ is nine and going into 4th grade.  She's an amazingly kind, caring, intuitive big sister who takes on way to much responsibility with her siblings.  Getting her to come out of her shell, be more confident and not so hard on herself is a big thing for us.  

Ko is six and going into 1st grade this year.  I'm so excited to share the first grade experience with my little man.  He is a charismatic, laid back, funny, charming boy who probably needs to take things more seriously.  What can I say, he's totally my son and boy did the apple not fall far from the tree.  

Ellie is four and finally going to join us at school.  She will be entering my school's all day PreK program.  She's the sweetest, fun loving, intense, little girl.  She's the youngest but man is the bawse of her siblings.   


I'm also lucky to be married to this guy here. 
We started dating when I was 18 and had been best friends for two years leading up. We've been together so I can't remember life without him.  He's confident, funny and really help me focus when I'm struggling to get things done.   

During my down time I like to sleep, read and go to Pure Barre. I'm pretty much a homebody and invest most of my energy into my kids, plotting ways to get more sleep, reading blogs, planning, and stalking Facebook and Instagram.  This will be my 7th year teaching first grade. I love first grade because I love teaching children to read. I love decorating my classroom and getting it just right for my kiddos. It is really my happy place and I want it to be the same for my students.  Each year I am very sad for my class to leave and ask to loop with them.  It has yet to happen but maybe one day.  So now you probably no more about me than you ever wanted to.  Since I am nowhere near done with my room I won't be posting tomorrow but will be back on Wednesday :) 









Signature

2 comments:

  1. on running records, what does "TAA" mean. Please help asap.
    I am using your cheat sheet to teach running records.

    ReplyDelete
  2. please email me the answer??? Kelley.dean@csdar.org

    ReplyDelete