Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Grinch Day

Completely inspired to by Cara at The First Grade Parade I asked our principal to ok HR's first Grinch Day.  We used an assembly schedule and were able to end the day with a showing of Jim Carrey's version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

My kids made Grinch faces using Deanna Jumps template.  I loved reading all the ways they would make the Grinch smile.  We also used Deanna's template for a class book and had it binded by one my sweet moms to add to our classroom library.  
 



This may have been the only time my classroom was free of green and red clippings.  We were somehow able to clean up this project before starting our Grinch Glyphs.  I will take a picture of our glyphs as soon as I find a place to hang them.  This year I have run out of free space to display or work.

Before the movie the kids got to enjoy Grinch Punch, Who pudding (which we referred to as Who Goo) and Cara's great idea of Grinch licked candy canes.  
Here I am with some of my teaching friends.  Our Grinch shirts are from Old Navy.  

All and all it was a great Grinchy day.  Everyone seemed to have a good time.  Even though I sprung this on the teachers Friday afternoon they were able to come up with ways to  include the whole school.  PreK and Kindergarten made Grinch faces and watched the animated version with their 7th & 8th grade buddies.  One kindergarten aid told me that the 8th grade boys loved watching the movie with their little buddies and were laughing the whole time.  One second grade teacher came up with some really cute Please Mr. Grinch displays.  Third grade used the Grinch Glyph as their math lesson and our middle school the 6th grade teacher has found some Grinch social media templates on TPT and is using them next week with her class.  So thanks Cara we all loved your idea and can't wait for next year!  


Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment