Since my last post was about New Year's Resolutions it seems fitting that today's be about... My Summer To Do List and boy do I have a lot planned for the next 2 months.
- Growing Readers (with my coworker Sharon)
- Reading with Meaning (with Sharon)
- The Next Step in Guided Reading (with my schools 1st-4th team and on Freebie-licious)
Book Clubs: This will be my third summer offering summer book clubs for the students or HR. This year we will have two groups. Basement Bookworms meet once a week for an hour in the basement of the church.
- Grades 2&3
- Grades 4&5
Books to Read:
- Finish Reading Reflex (required school reading)
- Finish The Honest Toddlers Guide to Parenting
- The Art of Teaching Reading
- Lemonade Wars (with my 8 year old)
- From the Mixed Up Files... (for our summer book club)
- Stink (for our summer book club)
- Fourth Grade Rats (summer book club)
- Words Their Way (online training)
- Level Classroom Library
- Declutter and organize all my binders
I'll throw in some fun non-school related fun stuff as well!
- Go to the pool often
- Teach Koey to swim
- Participate in the ROC race in Baltimore
- Take kids to the zoo
- Go to the beach
I promise to be back later with my response to Freebie-licious's Chapter 1 post!