Thursday, June 20, 2013

School's Out!!

I haven't blogged in oh let's see 5 months and 19 days, so I would indeed consider that failure.  Or perhaps not so much since I wasn't a regular poster before?  In case you're wondering what I have been up to you just check out my Instagram account.  You can catch up on my kids and things I've done in class.  I love Teacher Talk Tuesdays don't you?  School end for my firsties last Friday. I was so sad to see my crew go.  Thankfully my teammate had the great foresight to get 4 of us tickets to see NKOTB, B2M and 98 Degrees that night and I wasn't sad for too long!  I got to tell you if you have the chance to see this show its amazing!!! Sadly this week I am back to going to school to clean up and pack my room up, though I am confident today will be my last day!

Since my last post was about New Year's Resolutions it seems fitting that today's be about...  My Summer To Do List and boy do I have a lot planned for the next 2 months.

Book Studies:

  • Growing Readers (with my coworker Sharon)
  • Reading with Meaning (with Sharon)
  • The Next Step in Guided Reading (with my schools 1st-4th team and on Freebie-licious)
Book Clubs:  This will be my third summer offering summer book clubs for the students or HR.  This year we will have two groups.  Basement Bookworms meet once a week for an hour in the basement of the church.  
  • Grades 2&3
  • Grades 4&5
Books to Read:
  • Finish Reading Reflex (required school reading)
  • Finish The Honest Toddlers Guide to Parenting
  • The Art of Teaching Reading
  • Lemonade Wars (with my 8 year old)
  • From the Mixed Up Files... (for our summer book club)
  • Stink (for our summer book club)
  • Fourth Grade Rats (summer book club)
Class:
  • Words Their Way (online training)
Class Organization:
  • Level Classroom Library
  • Declutter and organize all my binders
I'll throw in some fun non-school related fun stuff as well!

Fun Stuff
  • Go to the pool often
  • Teach Koey to swim
  • Participate in the ROC race in Baltimore
  • Take kids to the zoo
  • Go to the beach
I promise to be back later with my response to Freebie-licious's Chapter 1 post!  







Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment