Monday, October 31, 2011

October Round Up

1B did a lot in October that I wasn't able to blog about.  I figured I would just post some pictures and ideas that were my fave this month.  Onto the October highlights...
 We learned about Columbus and had a Columbus Day treat, inspired by Pinterest of course.  For Columbus day I had my students design Coat of Arms for their families.  Through Babble.com I learned that Columbus had a book of demands, eh request.  A coat of arms was one of them.


 My sweet AJ being silly while eating one of Columbus's ships...






 The kids learned how to make lists and used them in our Coat of Arms project.
 The whole 1st grade LOVED Abby's Candy Corn Bandit Unit and had a blast looking for the caper.  They are still talking about who it is and swear it is one of our sweet school secretaries.



 They firsties were SO excited to find the clues and figure out who it was they didn't even care that they didn't get to enjoy the candy corns till our Cars 2 Movie Party a couple days later!
We also had our Publishing Party after completing Lucy Calkins Unit 1.  I am going to do a separate post about that though.  It was really a great event!

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment