|A Day in the Life|
Here is a
- 5:35- Alarm goes off for hubby and "supposedly" I grunt to turn it off.
- 5:50- Time for my shower, getting dressed and since Jan 1st... MAKEUP
- 6:20- Start doing girly hair for my little ladies and make sure teeth are brushed well.
- 6:45-7 Get downstairs grab my egg muffins and jump in the car. (I am lucky that my dh normally loads the cars and warms up breakfast for me and the kiddos). On a good day I am out by 6:50 but some days, there are kid emergencies and we aren't pulling out of the driveway till 7.
- 7:10- Yesterday was a good day and we were in the car early so I was able to stop for a Red Bull. FYI Red Bull = Happy Momma/Happy Teacher
- 7:45: Get to school and begin unloading all my 88,000 bags.
- 8:00: Greet my sweeties and finish chatting with my awesome coworkers. Yesterday 3 of us were discussing Catching Fire. The Hunger Games are my guilty pleasure, well that and Red Bull.
- 8:15-8:20: Morning Prayer and Announcements
- 8:20-8:45: I have the kids do morning work, yesterday they had D.L.A and a long i worksheet. Meanwhile I had the
genius ideato rearrange my desk on the way to work and decide to implement it throughout the day. Why I do these things to myself I may never know.
- 8:45-9:45: Reading Groups/Daily 5, yesterday we discussed "Super Sneaky Silent E" and Generating Questions. During one round the kids got to pick there center and during the second I had them work in pairs to read our weekly story and generate questions. They totally LOVED Super Sneaky Silent E and using my smelly markers to make our anchor chart for question starters.
- 9:45-10;00: Morning Snack during this time I pretty much kept moving my desk to the back and started rearranging our listening center.
- 10:00-10:25: Morning recess, thankfully I did not have duty and was able to run and make some copies for later in the day.
- 10:30-11:05: French, 2nd semester my kids have French. We have foreign language in our classroom and I normally try and get out the room for a bit but yesterday I was busy moving things around and sorting through my stacks of papers.
- 11:05-11:50: Reading/Grammar, I finished reading Inch by Inch. We had stopped the part where the inch worm starts measuring the mockingbirds song so each kid could draw and write a prediction of what they thought would happen next. We discussed predictions and reviewed is vs. are.
- 11:50-12:20: Kids Recess= my lunch, yesterday we had our team meeting and discussed Catholic Schools Week and different service projects we could do.
- 12:20-12:50: Kids Lunch, I am normally with them during this time but have recently spent my Wednesdays discussing students and strategies with our reading specialist.
- 12:50-1:30: Math which was super exciting for my firsties yesterday as I handed out their rulers and we began making line segments. Though I wasn't too fond of Saxon Math when I started 5 years ago, I can honestly say I do love their guided practice and homework sheets. Each one seems touch on almost every skill we have discussed.
- 1:30-2:10: PE for my class and my planning period. While I finished my move and started construction paper for Jenn Bates's Me on the Map social studies project, my aid finished our Catholic Schools Week/Lent bulletin board.
- 2:10-2:40: Penguin Unit time--- we read another non fiction penguin book and used a measuring stick to see how tall different penguins are. I also gave the kids the penguin templates for their penguin reports. Somewhere during this time we had a l-o-n-g discussion about why I was moving my desk and getting rid of a table. I also realized at this point I hadn't eaten anything since having a cheese stick at snack and promptly opened a bag of chips I found.
- 2:40-3:00: Pack-up and dismissal
- 3:00-3:45: Tutor
- 4:00 leave to pick my littles and return to my Mommy duties. You know homework, dinner, stories, yadda yadda yadda
And that friends was my Wednesday. I can't wait to pop over and about other teacher days!! I am sooo nosy, I swear I blog stalk instead of watching TV.
Hoping to post
- room update with pics, as soon as I finish
- pics from our penguin unit
- MLK display