Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Year, New Me?

Couldn't help but use such a title!  This year I decided to take some time and evaluate what I really wanted to change and improve on during 2012.  I decided to take a week (cough, cough) and see what I need to change to have a bigger impact on my day to day life.  I am posting a day in the life pre-resolution on my family blog and hope to do a if everything goes as planned day in the life next Tuesday.  I decided to make a resolution for every aspect of my life.  I hopes that making it all public will help me stick to it--- Here goes

  • Physically- I am going to run 3 times a week and reach my goal of running a 10k this year.  Hey who doesn't start with looks?  This year I am focusing or my running goals and hoping my weight just falls into place.  I can't complain since I had my youngest I have done a good job getting closer to my goal and I think it is all because of running.  Now if for some reason my feet don't allow me to run much longer then I will find a way to work out 3 times a week.  
  • Professionally-  I am going to be better organized and dedicate more time to my guided reading lessons.  I think I have finally found a way to organize my materials and classroom so I am happy there.  (Thanks Erica Bohrer for all the tips!)
  • Blogging wise I just want to post more regularly.  I have a post coming on who I really am as a teacher that will alleviate some of the stress I have about what I need to contribute to this "teaching blog business".  I also want to post more on our family blog as I hope to one day make it into a book for my kids of their childhood.  
  • With my kids (AJ, Ko and Pie) I am going to spend more time doing the things they like.  I am not sure if this is case with all children of teachers but sometimes I feel like I give so much to my students all day I really don't have the energy to make meaningful connections with my true number ones.
  • With my Guish I am going to focus on making decisions together and dedicating some time each week to us.
  • Just for me- 
    • I am work on getting out of school before 5:00, so I don't rush to pick up the littles.  
    • Not bringing work home during the week.
    • meal planning 2 weeks out 
    • wear makeup! 
    • seeing my girlfriends once a month  
And there you go my resolutions for 2012.  I could throw in lots of other areas I want to improve but that would require me to type all night.  I will however post some pics from Christmas break.  What can I say I can't help but brag and show off my sweethearts.  


 The girls and I at the National Zoo's Zoo Lights

 Guish and the "Terror Squad" as my Mom calls them 

 My Koey and me

 Ko on Christmas Eve

My 3 on Christmas Eve



Signature

1 comment:

  1. I like your resolutions! Good luck with them. What a beautiful family!
    Petersons-Pad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete